Eligibility Criteria for Business Plan Innovation Challenge
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian youth aged between 15-35 years
- Applicant must be from either Tanzania mainland or Zanzibar
- Applicant must be using either English or Kiswahili
- The applicant must have successfully completed at least 5 modules in BESP including Business Plan module
- The business idea must be innovative and should either encompass ICT as a product or use ICT as an enabler in the implementation of the idea
- The proposed project idea must comply with Tanzanian legal and regulatory requirements
BESP is an online learning platform that enables entrepreneurs to acquire business management skills and enable them to be innovative in optimizing opportunities provided by digital economy in wealth maximization and jobs creation
Dar Teknohama Business Incubator (DTBi): Is an independent autonomous entity of COSTECH with its own Board that promotes the growth of ICT technology-based emerging companies contributing to job creation and enhanced economic health of the nation. DTBi is working in promoting innovative technology entrepreneurs who use ICT as tool or an enabler to develop and Implement their ideas and take them to the market.
TADIYE DESCRIPTION: Is an innovative and entrepreneur ecosystem development programme designed to inspire and promote technology based startup entrepreneurs in Tanzania through provision of entrepreneurship knowledge and seed funding. The programme is implemented by Dar Teknohama Business Incubator (DTBi) with funding from the Danish Royal Embassy and support from other key stakeholders holding the same vision.
Business Entrepreneurship Skill Platform (BESP): this is an application developed to provide online entrepreneurship training for TADIYE and manage the Business Plan Innovation Challenge for the youth between 15-35 years old. Through the challenge at least 20 innovative Business plans stands a chance to win seed funding between Tanzania shillings 10-20 million.